My rates depend on both the service you require and the state of your original text. Please contact me for a quote.
As a rough guide, this table outlines my editorial services and standard fees (inclusive of VAT) to help you price your project:
|Service||Standard rate per 1000 words|
|Language editing of texts for speakers of English as a second language||£ 20–30 (rate depends on the source text)|
|Copyediting||£ 10–15 (rate depends on the source text)|
|Translation revision||£ 40|
|Services charged per hour|
|Reference formatting||£30 per hour|
|Developmental editing/Manuscript critique||£35 per hour|
- For customers living and working in Slovenia/Croatia/Serbia, I have a small number of slots available each month at a discounted rate. Please contact me for more information.
- My editing rates are guided by the SfEP’s minimum rate guidelines and translation rates by the freelance fees guide. They reflect the fact that I work as a full-time freelance editor and translator.
- I typically charge per 1000 words. I can also offer a rate per standard page (1500 characters inc. spaces) or per hour if necessary, so please indicate what you require.
- Please note that I am VAT registered.
- I accept payment by bank transfer in British pound sterling, euros or US dollars. I also accept card payments through Paypal.
- I charge for styling academic references separately and by the hour, as the amount of work required can vary significantly. Styling references can take as long as the main text’s language edit!
- In a typical working day I can comfortably translate approximately 2000 words, language edit an ESL text roughly 6000–8000 words long, or copyedit 12000–16000 words. These are general estimates around which I base my timetable and plan accordingly. Please factor this in when drawing up your schedule.