Feel free to contact me for a quote.
My editing rates are guided by the CIEP’s minimum rate guidelines and translation rates by the freelance fees guide. They reflect the fact that I work as a full-time freelance editor and translator, based in the UK.
I am covered by professional indemnity insurance for translation and editorial work, provided by MFL Professional Insurance Brokers.
2021 standard rates
0.03 euro cents/word + VAT for copyediting
0.04 euro cents/word + VAT for developmental/structural editing
- I accept payment by bank transfer in British pound sterling, euros or US dollars. I also accept card payments through Paypal.
- Payment by card is the best option for small payments in other currencies as you will receive the Mastercard/Visa exchange rates.
- I require payment from individuals after completion of work, but before delivery of the final document (I am happy to send you a screenshot of work completed).
- For payment from institutions, I require the payment process (purchase order raised etc.) to have commenced by the time I deliver the document and standard payment terms are 30 days.
Organising a schedule
- In a typical working day I can comfortably translate approximately 2000 words, copyedit roughly 6000–8000 words written by a non-native English speaker, or copyedit 12000–16000 words written by a native speaker. These are general estimates around which I base my timetable and plan accordingly. Please factor this in when drawing up your schedule.
- For journal articles, my standard turnaround time is two weeks, although I aim to meet all client deadlines. If you require work to be completed within 48 hours of sending, I charge an additional 50% express fee.
- For larger projects (e.g. books) I will reserve a slot for your project in my schedule subject to payment of a £100 non-returnable deposit.